Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Sound familiar? This is the mantra many car owners use when it comes to oil changes. However, regular oil changes are one of the most important things you can do to extend the life of your car. With this in mind, the total car care experts at Chevron Fast Lube would like to share with you the top 5 reasons oil changes should always be completed on time!
- Oil changes help decrease engine gunk: When the old oil is drained from your engine, it helps remove impurities that can form a mud-like substance. This substance is known as engine gunk and it is composed of dirt and other contaminants that make it difficult for the components of your engine to function properly.
- Regular oil changes help you get better mileage: Engines run more efficiently when the oil in them is clear of debris. When your engine runs smoothly, your car gets better mileage and this can help you lower fuel costs.
- Regular oil change service helps maintain engine lubrication: Your engine contains many components that must be lubricated in order to stay in good condition such as pistons, valves, and other engine parts that move at high rates of speed under the hood of a car. Regular oil changes help to lubricate these parts so that excessive wear and friction are avoided. (Consult your owner’s manual to see the specific weight and grade of oil your vehicle requires.)
- Regular oil changes help cool vital engine components: Without the proper lubrication, certain engine components can be exposed to friction which creates heat. Sufficient amounts of clean oil helps to prevent this friction which can lead to overheating of the engine.
- Regular oil changes help protect the environment: Old engine oil releases hazardous hydrocarbons into the air that are harmful to the environment. Therefore by having your oil changed on time your car will be producing much less pollution.
In conclusion, oil changes should not be put off indefinitely. You should always follow the recommendations for oil changes found in your owner’s manual. In fact, you may need to change your oil more often than your manual recommends based on your driving habits. We can check your transmission fluid too as we provide synthetic oil to your car. Bring your car into the experts at your nearest Chevron Fast Lube. Don’t put off until tomorrow what should be done today!